Branch Manager-Fairburn, Georgia
Overseeing our Fairburn, Georgia branch and reporting to the Area Manager, the Branch Manager is a full time position, looking after planning, schedule, overseeing and regulating the day-to-day operations at the branch. The main priority is to establish and maintain the necessary operational systems and procedures and maintain limitations and controls, to ensure the most effective and profitable utilization of facilities, equipment and manpower under his/her control and direction. Ensure compliance with Trimac and D.O.T. policies and procedures, and to ensure Branch performance metrics, including Safety, Profitability, and Service results.
In accordance with current Operating Standards, “Company Policies and Procedures” and in the best interests of the Company; its customers; employees and the public, the Branch Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Approve the selection, on boarding and training of Branch required manpower.
- Conduct performance evaluations; where applicable establish measurable goals and complete goal review in a timely fashion.
- Determine and provide training as required.
- Continually strive to develop a positive team environment.
- Communicate and provide constructive feedback as required.
Equipment and Facility
- Regulate and approve the acquisition, disposition and transfer of Branch equipment.
- Continually search for and utilize more efficient and economical methods of operation and opportunities for increasing profitability.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the Branch with fairness and sound judgment while promoting a teamwork environment.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and housekeeping of Branch premises and property.
- Regulate purchases in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Regulate, control and maintain the maintenance and repair facilities and equipment at the Branch.
- Prepare and adhere to corporate budgets.
- Maintain accounts receivable within corporate standards.
- Make operational decisions that positively impact the financial results.
Safety, Health, Environmental & Security
- Administer, as they apply to operations at the Branch, the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Approve the licensing of all operating equipment.
- Ensure compliance with the all applicable local, state and federal law
- Advise and make recommendations for finalization of accident and cargo loss claims.
- Establish and maintain a safety program at the Branch that meets company standards, including required reporting and follow up.
- Accountable for developing an environment that adheres to the companies Safety, Health, and Environmental and Security policies.
- Ensure all branch personnel are completing their required Job Task Observations.
Customers and Business Environment/Community
- Maintain clear and adequate liaison and communications with customers.
- Interface with sales personnel on rate quotations made to customer.
- Keep informed of competitors’ activities and current industry practices and developments.
- Conduct authorized relationships with industry and trade associations and the community in the best interests of the Company.
- Five years of related experience and/or training
- Sound knowledge for transportation industry
- Experience in bulk commodities is desirable
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Strong ability for sales orientation
- Intermediate level computer skills
- Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job, including time spent in formal apprenticeships.