Branch Administrator-Pointe Claire, Quebec
Trimac Transportation is looking for a Branch Administrator/Junior Dispatcher for our Pointe Claire branch! The candidate must be bilingual (French/English) and have preferably 1-2 years within the transportation industry. This is a great position for someone looking to get experience in Dispatch and start building their career.
- Ensure the drivers have the proper instructions to perform their duties safely
- Listen to all driver concerns and act on them appropriately
- Drivers ability to perform his duties effectively
- Opportunities that would increase efficiency for both the Company and the customer
- Dispatch drivers using a fair and consistent approach
- Coordinate the daily assignment of company and contracted resources to maximize equipment utility and payload while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Coordinate the servicing and inspection of branch equipment daily with the shop personnel.
- Ensure trailer interior washes are completed where required.
- Ensure all orders and trip events are recorded in the TMW in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Where applicable ensure that invoicing and driver pay are completed daily.
- Where applicable audit TMW reports for compliance requirements.
- Providing customer service duties that include interfacing with shop and shop customers and providing support to Traffic Supervisors
- Providing administrative support including maintaining all Branch files to high standards
- Coordinating the servicing and inspection of branch equipment daily with the shop personnel
- Auditing driver log sheets and tachograph cards for compliance
- One to two years of related experience and or training.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills.
- Motivated and energetic.
- High School Diploma required
- Preferred Post Secondary education
- Courses in transportation or logistics would be an asset