Apprentice Trailer/Truck Mechanic - Winnipeg, MB
Hiring a Mechanic Apprentice for our Winnipeg, MB Location!
The Mechanic is responsible for advanced repairs, diagnostics, and maintenance of diesel powered tractors and semi-trailers to include PM inspections, tire and wheel maintenance, basic brake, lighting repairs, and safety equipment, as well as ensuring that equipment is maintained to company and DOT compliant standards and is able to submit properly scripted reports indicating condition of equipment.
- Mechanic Apprentice or Journeyman -- 310 J and 310 T
- Trailer repair – PM’s, electrical work, brakes, suspension, and product pump rebuild
- Basic tools required for the position
- Afternoon shift 3 pm to 11:30 pm, Monday to Friday
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Wage Subsidy Program for Apprentices
- Tool allowance - $500.00 per year (after 1 year of service)
- Boot allowance - $100.00 per year (after 1 year of service)
- Maintain equipment in a professional manner
- Follow policies & procedures
- Work safely, using directed PPE
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion as to the Standard Repair Time Guidelines
Trimac Safety Commitment
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
- Operation of hand tools
- Operation of air tools
- Positive work ethic
- Positive attitude & job performance
- Apprenticeship training to obtain Journeyman “Red Seal” status
- Valid Class 1 Driver License - preferred but not required
- Must be a member of Ontario College of Trades
- Minimum 2 years experience
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet the physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs. or less
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15 feet
Grade 12 or equivalent
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity.
We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.